1 package Premio Premio’s Sweet Italian Sausage, sliced into 1 inch pieces
1 large package Baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
1 large package White Button mushrooms, sliced
2 medium sized onions, sliced thin
1 clove crushed/minced garlic
3/4 – 1 cup Sherry (or to taste)
Extra virgin olive oil to coat pan
Crushed red pepper flakes to taste
* For a spicier dish use all Premio Hot Italian Sausage, or for milder use all Premio Sweet Italian Sausage
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Eirini's Famous Sherry Sausage & Shrooms:
1. Brown sliced Premio sausage in skillet coated with extra virgin olive oil. Once browned, add in onions, mushrooms and garlic, cooking down until onions are translucent in color and mushrooms are starting to brown.
2. Add in Sherry; cover and simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes.
SERVES: 5SERVES: 5