Ingredients:One small yellow onion (optional)
One pack potato bread hot dog buns
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
2 teaspoons butter
Two ears of sweet corn, though canned or frozen corn works as well
1 tablespoon cotija cheese
1/2-teaspoon of chili powder
Cilantro for garnish
Half a lime for garnish
Suggested serving size: Five
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Elote Sausages:
Have you ever had Mexican street corn sausage? Our Elote Sausages are reminiscent of this favorite, with the robust and fragrant flavor you find in Mexico. The mayonnaise makes this rich dish melt in your mouth. You will also love the fun, celebratory flavors of this meal.
1. Preheat your grill. Add sausages, using the high flame for a couple of minutes before lowering to medium. Cook, rotating sausage links, for about 15 minutes under medium flame and remove when done. Cover and set aside.
2. Spray a skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium. Cook onions until translucent, cover and set aside.
3. Shave corn kernels off the cob. Add to skillet with butter and cook for eight minutes uncovered. Stir the corn to coat with butter and cook evenly.
4. Mix in mayonnaise, cotija cheese and chili powder.
5. Toast the hot dog buns. Add a sausage to each bun, with corn topping and lime and cilantro garnish, if desired. Serve.
Is your mouth watering yet? Use our store locator to find Premio products near you so you can make our Elote Sausages today!
Recipe inspiration from @sierraeatsworld