This fried rice recipe makes two to four servings.
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Fried Rice With Premio Sausage:
Our fried rice recipe with sausage is a simple meal you can whip up on a busy weeknight while still feeding your family the ingredients they need to stay healthy. This dish is jam-packed with protein from the sausage and has a variety of vegetables. You can up the veggie count by substituting the rice for an equal portion of cauliflower rice. If you make this switch, prepare the bag according to the microwave directions first, then add it to the fried rice dish near the end.
Fried rice is a meal everyone in your family will love. The high protein content makes it perfect for dinner on game night or after a long day at school or work.
- You can prepare the rice in advance, use leftover rice or microwave cauliflower rice for this recipe. Heat a medium-sized skillet on medium-high.
- Chop the onion while the skillet heats. Add the sausage and onion to the skillet to cook, occasionally stirring, until the meat browns. This step will take five to seven minutes.
- Add bags of peas, carrots and corn to the skillet. Stir to break them up, then cover the skillet for two minutes.
- Crack two eggs into a bowl and beat them. Remove the cover and pour your egg mixture into the sausage skillet, breaking up the egg until it’s nearly firm.
- Add the rice or cauliflower rice to the skillet and stir until the entire dish is hot. Add a sprinkle of salt to the top and serve.
Love the taste of Premio Sweet Italian Sausage? Pick up our other delicious sausage varieties when you shop for our products. Search for Premio sausage in a store near you.
Recipe inspiration from @a.bite.of.life