1 16 oz. package Premio Sweet Italian Sausage
8 jalapeno peppers, seeded and cut in half lengthwise
1 8-oz. package cream cheese, softened, whole milk or low-fat
1 10-oz. or 12-oz. package bacon in any variety such as maple, honey, peppered
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Grilled Bacon Jalapeno Wraps with Crumbled Sausage:
1. Remove the sausage from the package. Cut the sausage casing by sliding a sharp knife lengthwise along the casing. Create hamburger-sized patties about 1/4 inch in height using the sausage.
2. Cook Premio Sweet Italian Sausage patties about six minutes on medium-high heat on the grill. Cook through until sausage reaches an internal temperature of 165 F. using a meat thermometer.
3. Remove sausage patties from the grill and use a plastic or wooden spoon or spatula to break apart the sausage meat into crumbles.
4. Turn your grill up to high heat.
5. Place halved jalapeno peppers onto your cutting board or clean food preparation surface. Fill each jalapeno pepper half with a tablespoon or two of softened cream cheese. Top each cream cheese-filled jalapeno pepper half with about two tablespoons of crumbled sausage.
6. Wrap each filled jalapeno pepper with a single slice of uncooked bacon. Secure the uncooked bacon by skewering the jalapeno with a toothpick.
7. Place skewered, filled jalapenos on the grill. Cook until bacon is brown and crisp.
8. Serve grilled, stuffed jalapenos wrapped in bacon and filled with Premio Sweet Italian Sausage and cream cheese while they’re still warm.
Alternative indoor cooking method:
1. Cook the sausage over the stove by breaking apart links with a heat-safe plastic or wooden spoon or spatula.
2. Place the skewered jalapenos on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake jalapenos in the oven at 450 degrees Fahrenheit or broil at low to medium heat, checking frequently, until bacon is crispy.