Ingredients:2 yellow squash
Extra-virgin olive oil, as needed
1 large garlic clove
2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Grilled Chicken Sausage, Eggplant and Squash Rollatini:
1. Prepare pesto and set aside. Prepare Premio Chicken Sausage by first poaching then grilling over medium-high heat. Set aside.
2. Prepare eggplant, zucchini and squash by slicing each into 1/4-inch slices lengthwise. Brush each piece with olive oil and season with salt & pepper. Grill briefly over medium heat to achieve grill marks. Allow vegetables to come to room temperature.
3. Paint a piece of eggplant with pesto and top with a zucchini slice. Then, paint the zucchini slice with pesto and top with a squash slice.
4. Cut Chicken Sausage into quarters and lay on top and roll up. Secure with a skewer or tooth pick and return to the grill briefly, to reheat and cool to room temperature.
Pesto: 1. Mince one garlic clove in a food processor. Add 2 packed cups (washed and spun dry) fresh basil leaves and process to chop.
2. With motor running, drizzle in 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Recipe courtesy of the Institute of Culinary Education (ICE).
SERVES: 4SERVES: 4