2 tbsp. olive oil
1/4 cup mayonnaise (any brand)
1 tbsp. white soybean paste (miso)
1 tbsp. water
1 1/2 tsp. rice vinegar
1 tsp. ground black or white pepper
2 medium-size eggplants
2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Grilled Eggplant With Sausage and Miso Aioli:
1. Heat olive oil in a medium-sized skillet over low heat for 1 minute.
2. Add Premio Sweet Italian Sausage to the skillet and cook for 6-8 minutes over medium-high heat. Use a heavy-duty plastic spoon or wooden spoon to crumble sausage meat continuously while cooking. Cook through until sausage reaches an internal temperature of 165 F. using a meat thermometer. Remove the skillet from heat and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, white soybean paste, water, rice vinegar and pepper. Note: Make two batches of mayonnaise-miso combination if desired for extra sauce when serving.
4. Slice each eggplant lengthwise on a cutting board or appropriate surface. Continue cutting eggplant lengthwise to create 1/2-inch flat slices.
5. Add 4 tablespoons of olive oil to a grill pan. Preheat the grill pan over low heat for 1 minute.
6. Use a brush to lightly coat both sides of the eggplant slices with the mayonnaise-miso combination. Place the eggplant slices in the pan.
7. Cook the eggplant slices on medium heat for approximately 3 minutes per side until the eggplant feels tender and slightly soft but not mushy.
8. Distribute cooked eggplant slices between 4-6 dinner plates and top each eggplant slice with 6-8 tbsp. crumbled Premio Sweet Italian Sausage. Top eggplant and sausage with remaining mayonnaise-miso combination or extra mayonnaise-miso if pre-made (see above note). Add cilantro to finish plates. Serve immediately while the eggplant is still warm.