1 package Premio Sweet Italian Sausage or Premio Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage
1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans, drained
1 jar (6 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained reserving the liquid
1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
1 tomato, chopped
2 tablespoons sliced black olives
2 tablespoons diced red onion
2 tablespoons snipped oregano
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
6 cups mixed greens
Crumbled feta cheese, for garnish
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Grilled Grecian Sausage Salad:
1. Grill or broil the Premio Sausages until cooked through.
2. In a large bowl, place the beans, artichoke hearts, celery, tomato, olives and onion.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the reserved artichoke liquid, oregano, oil, lemon juice, peel and lemon pepper. Toss the dressing with the bean mixture to coat. Place the greens in a serving dish.
4. Spoon the bean mixture over top. Slice the sausages thinly on the diagonal (bias) and arrange on top of the salad. Garnish with the cheese.
SERVES: 4SERVES: 4