1 package Premio Hot Italian Sausage
6 hero or hotdog rolls
1 large onion, thinly sliced
1 large green pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
5 medium potatoes
3 tablespoons butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Grilled Hot Italian Sausage, Potatoes, Peppers and Onions:
1. Prepare and grill Premio Sausage over indirect heat, on grill, turning occasionally. Grill for approximately 30 minutes or until done, according to package directions.
2. Grease a 24 x 18-inch piece of heavy duty foil with 1 tablespoon butter. Scrub and place thinly sliced, unpeeled potatoes onto center of foil. Mix thinly sliced onions, green peppers, salt, paprika and pepper, add to foil on top of potatoes; top with remaining butter.. Enclose the potatoes in the foil and seal with a double fold, leaving head space for steam to build.
3. Grill potato packet for approximately 30-40 minutes, turning every 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
4. Prepare rolls by spreading with mayonnaise and toast (if desired). Add sausage to toasted roll and top with grilled potato mixture. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and serve.