1 16-oz. package Premio Fresh Kielbasa
2 large orange bell peppers, seeded and sliced into long strips
1 bunch green onions, minced (about 1/3 cup)
4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. fresh ground pepper
1/4 cup lime juice (or lemon juice)
8 white flour tortillas
4 tbsp. fresh cilantro, minced finely
1 bottle of hot sauce (any brand)
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Grilled Kielbasa Tacos:
1. Preheat grill to medium-heat.
2. Place Vidalia onion quarters, orange bell pepper strips, minced green onions, extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, ground black pepper and lime or lemon juice in a large mixing bowl. Toss to combine all ingredients.
3. Line grill-safe baking sheet with aluminum foil.
4. Place Vidalia onion and bell pepper mixture onto a lined, grill-safe baking sheet. Make sure all ingredients are in a single layer.
5. Place the baking sheet onto the grill surface.
6. For this grilled kielbasa recipe, grill all vegetables until tender, about 5 minutes total. Remove scallions that cook quicker if other vegetables are not yet cooked.
7. Remove the baking sheet from the grill and place all vegetables into a clean, large mixing bowl to sit and cool.
8. Remove Premio Kielbasa from the package and put it on a plate. Put the plate in the freezer for 20 minutes to firm the meat.
9. Remove the kielbasa from the freezer and transfer it to a cutting board or cutting surface. Use a sharp knife to cut the links lengthwise.
10. Place the kielbasa pieces on the grill.
11. Grill the kielbasa pieces for about 5-7 minutes. Turn pieces once during grilling to ensure thorough cooking or until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees (F). Transfer the cooked kielbasa to a platter.
12. Place tortillas briefly on the grill for about 1-2 minutes to slightly char the surface. Remove tortillas and fill them with Premio Kielbasa pieces and vegetables. Top each grilled kielbasa taco with cilantro pieces and hot sauce, if desired. Serve while still warm.
Alternative Preparation for Kielbasa Tacos: Use oven broiler instead of outside grill to create the same texture and flavors.