1 16-oz. package Premio Sweet Italian Sausage
2 cups whole mushrooms, any variety
1 large red bell pepper cut into 8 pieces
1 large yellow bell pepper cut into 8 pieces
1 medium-sized green zucchini, cut into 8-10 coins
3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. black pepper
3 cups mixed leafy greens for salads
4 tbsp. fresh basil leaves, shredded
1/2 cup pesto, store-purchased or homemade Print
How to make Grilled Premio Sausage and Mushroom Bowls:
1. Cook quinoa according to directions on the package.
2. Soak wooden skewers in warm water for 25 minutes.
3. Preheat grill to a medium-high setting.
4. Skewer whole mushrooms, red bell pepper pieces, yellow bell pepper pieces and zucchini pieces.
5. Brush extra virgin olive oil onto skewered mushrooms, bell peppers and zucchini. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper. Set skewers aside.
6. Remove Premio Sweet Italian Sausage links from the package and place them on the grill.
7. Grill the sausage links for about 10 minutes, turning them once to cook through.
8. Move cooked sausage off the grill when they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees (F). Place skewered vegetables onto the hot grill and cook for about 5 minutes, turning every 1-2 minutes to char and soften vegetables.
9. Move Premio Sweet Italian Sausage links and grilled vegetables to a platter. Cut cooked sausage links into 4-6 pieces each.
10. Divide leafy greens and shredded basil leaves between 6 bowls. Add 1/2 cup of cooked quinoa to each bowl. Divide sausage and vegetables between bowls of leafy greens, shredded basil leaves and quinoa. Divide pesto into 6 servings and top each bowl with a serving of pesto. Serve Premio Sweet Italian Sausage and mushroom bowls immediately.