1/2 package Premio Sweet Italian Sausage
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups mild cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/2 cup uncooked rice
1 lime, cut into quarters
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Grilled Premio Sausage Salsa Verde Chicken:
1. Preheat the grill. Begin cooking the rice. Bring one cup of water to a boil. Once the water is boiling, add the rice, lower the heat and cover. Cook the rice for 25 minutes, or until it has absorbed all the water.
2. Spread the salsa in the bottom of a grill pan. Add the chicken breasts, brushing each piece with olive oil and seasoning with salt, black pepper and garlic powder. Bake the chicken for five to six minutes on each side.
3. While the chicken is cooking, grill the sausages over indirect heat until fully cooked and browned.
4. Once the sausages are finished cooking, cut them into 1/4-inch pieces.
5. When the chicken is fully cooked, sprinkle it with the cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese. Let the chicken cook another three to five minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
6. Take out four plates and add a serving of rice to each, along with one chicken breast and a helping of sausage. Spoon out the salsa verde from the grill pan to put over the chicken. Top each serving with cilantro and the juice from a quarter of the lime. Serve.