1 pound asparagus
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
5 cups mixed salad greens
1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
1 tablespoon sliced almonds
1 cup feta cheese
1 1/2 cup croutons
1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Grilled Sausage & Asparagus Salad with Feta:
1. Preheat the grill. Drizzle the olive oil on the asparagus and season with salt and black pepper. Roast the asparagus on high heat until it’s tender, about five minutes. When it’s done, let the asparagus cool and then cut the stalks into 1-inch pieces. When the asparagus is done, lower the heat to a medium flame. Grill the sausage for about 25 minutes, until they’re golden brown. Turn them using tongs often to cook evenly on both sides. When the sausage is done, cut the links into thin slices.
2. Add the salad greens to a large bowl with the grilled asparagus, tomatoes, sausage and almonds. Top with the croutons and feta.
3. Make the dressing. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk.
4. Drizzle the dressing evenly on the salad or keep on the side. Serve!