1 package Premio Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage
1 large bunch broccolini
2 bunches kale
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
The juice and zest of 1 lemon
Shredded parmesan cheese
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Grilled Sausage with Broccolini and Kale:
1. Cook the rice according to the instructions on the packaging, about 20 to 25 minutes in all. Try to time it so the rice will be done at the same time as the sausages, broccolini and kale.
2. Wash the broccolini and kale and allow them to dry. In a bowl, combine the kale, broccolini, olive oil, minced garlic, red pepper flakes, lemon zest and peel, salt and black pepper. Toss to coat the vegetables evenly.
3. Preheat the grill. Cook the sausages over medium-high heat. After one minute, add the broccolini. Turn the sausages and broccolini to cook evenly on both sides, for about five minutes. Add the kale to the grill, cooking for two minutes and then turning each piece over. Cook for another minute and the kale should be crispy, the broccolini should be tender and the sausages should be golden brown.
4. Remove the sausages, kale and broccolini. Divide among four plates and serve immediately over the rice. Sprinkle each dish with some parmesan cheese. Enjoy!