4 Premio Sweet Italian Sausage links
4 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
1/4 teasoiin ground black peppers
1 tablespoon snipped flat leaf parsley
4 split hoagie rolls
1/3 cup roasted red bell peppers, chopped
1 green onion, minced
2 tablespoons black olives, sliced
2 tablespoons pesto sauce
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Grilled Sicilian Style Sausage Rolls:
1. Grill Premio Sausage until browned and cooked through. Remove from grill and add to plate, cover and keep warm.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the mascarpone, parmesan cheese, lemon juice, lemon zest, black pepper and parsley. Spread the inside of each roll with mascarpone mixture, dividing equally; place a sausage on top.
3. In separate small bowl, combine the bell peppers, onion, olives, pesto and vinegar until well mixed. Cover sausages with pepper mixture, dividing equally.