2/3 cup Panko bread crumbs
2 teaspoons ground garlic
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons milk
1 large egg
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup minced yellow onion
1 cup diced carrots (about 1/4 inch)
3/4 cup diced celery (about 1/4 inch)
10 cups chicken stock
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 cup tubetini pasta
1/4 cup minced fresh dill
12 ounces baby spinach
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Healthy Italian Wedding Soup:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F). Prepare meatballs: Mix ground turkey, Premio Sausages, bread crumbs, garlic, parsley, Parmesan cheese, milk, egg, 1 teaspoon sea salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a bowl; combine gently with a fork.
2. Form about 1.5-inch size meatball and put them on the greased sheet pan. Place into preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes until lightly browned.
3. Prepare soup : Add olive oil in a large soup pot. Over medium heat, add the onion, carrots, celery, salt & pepper; sauté for about 5 minutes. Add wine and then chicken stock; bring to a boil.
4. Add the pasta, fresh dill and the meatballs to the soup; simmer for 10 minute until pasta is tender. Stir fresh spinach into soup and cook for 1 additional minute, right before serving. Top with fresh grated Parmesan cheese.
SERVES: 4-6SERVES: 4-6