1.5 pounds Premio Sweet & Hot Italian Sausage (Combo Pack), cut into 1-inch pieces 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided use
2 green bell peppers, cored and sliced
2 large onions, sliced
1 (28 ounce) can roasted or regular diced tomatoes
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
1/2 cups beef or chicken broth
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 pound penne pasta, cooked al dente and drained
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Holiday Premio Sausage & Peppers Casserole:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add Premio Sausage to skillet and cook until brown, about 10 minutes. Remove sausage from the skillet and set aside.
2. Place the red and green bell peppers and onions in the skillet; saute until the onions are transparent and golden brown, about 10 minutes. Return the reserved sausage to the skillet and add the tomatoes, tomato paste, water, oregano, thyme, rosemary and black pepper. Mix well together and cook and stir for 5 minutes over low heat.
3. In a bowl large enough to hold all of the ingredients, stir the penne with the remaining oil. Stir in the sausage-and-peppers mixture. At this point, the mixture can be covered and refrigerated for up to 24 hours.
4. To serve: transfer the mixture to a casserole and bake in oven until piping hot and the sausage is cooked through about 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with cheese. Serve!
SERVES: 5-8SERVES: 5-8