1 package Premio Sweet Italian Sausage, casings removed
1 tbs. Olive oil
2 tbsp. butter, cold and cut into cubes
4 tbsp. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. flour
2 tbsp. pecans, finely chopped
1/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Holiday Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes:
Searching for a sweet and savory side dish to add some unique flavor to your Thanksgiving meal this fall? Top off your holiday table with this tantalizingly sweet potato dish, complete with irresistible sweet Italian sausage to offset the flavors that melt in your mouth. Twice-baked sausage sweet potatoes will surely be your new obsession.
1. Begin by preheating your oven to 400°F. Line a baking pan with aluminum foil and lightly butter or coat with cooking spray. Lay out your potatoes on the pan, prick with a fork to make holes for steaming and place in the oven for 45 to 50 minutes until tender. When you remove the potatoes, keep the oven on and set to 350.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute your sausage meat and olive oil over medium-high until lightly browned and almost cooked through, stirring occasionally and breaking up meat to remain in small crumbles. Drain with a paper towel to remove excess oil and set aside.
3. When you have removed your potatoes and let them cool, slice off the tops and scoop out the soft insides, leaving a border of about 1/4-in. thickness. In a medium bowl, mash the sweet potatoes with butter, 2 tbsp. brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Mash by hand with a large fork or use a mixer or potato masher. Scoop your mashed potato mixture evenly back into six of the eight potato shells and discard the remaining two.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine remaining brown sugar and flour and mash with a fork until the mixture breaks into flaky, coarse crumbles. Stir in your pecans and sweet Italian sausage meat and mix until incorporated. Then, sprinkle your sausage streusel mixture over the tops of your potatoes and pat down lightly.
5. Bake your potatoes at 350°F for about 20 minutes until the streusel and sausage mixture is golden brown and crispy, then remove from oven and sprinkle with dried cranberries. Delicious!
Love the way Premio Sweet Italian Sausage Meat offsets your Thanksgiving sweet potatoes? Try all our mouthwatering sausage varieties today.
Find our products in a store near you.