1 package Premio Hot Italian Sausage, removed from casings
1 pound ground beef
1 medium green pepper, diced
3 ribs of celery, diced
1 large onion, diced
1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can of chili beans
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 large can of diced tomatoes
1 can of petite diced tomatoes with chilies
1 cup water
Season with chili seasoning, cumin, salt, and pepper to taste
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Hot Italian Chili:
1. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to pan and saute ground beef and Premio sausage until brown.
2. Place sausage and beef mixture into slow cooker (make sure slow cooker has warmed).
3. In the same pan, add remaining oil. Saute pepper, celery, onion and garlic over medium heat until translucent; add to slow cooker.
4. Add beans, tomatoes, chili seasoning, cumin, salt and pepper to slow cooker.
5. Cook on low for 4 hours for flavors to blend.
6. Serve with crackers, shredded cheese and sour cream.
SERVES: 4-8SERVES: 4-8