Ingredients:3 pounds chicken thighs, skin deboned
1 medium-sized onion, sliced
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 cup water
2 tablespoons butter
4 green, red, and yellow peppers, seeded & julienned
1 inch sprig of fresh rosemary, cut up fine
1/2 cup Italian parsley, divided
Juice of one lemon and the zest
Olive oil, salt & pepper
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make I Cant Get Enough Sausage and Chicken Scarpariello:
1. Heat olive oil and water in a large sauté pan. Add Premio Sausage and let simmer on low heat until the water is gone and the oils are coating the pan. Turn the sausages and cook until browned, about 8-10 minutes. Set aside.
2. Add the chicken pieces to the pan. Add salt & pepper to taste. Turn the chicken over after it has cooked for approximately 8-10 minutes on each side. Once chicken is golden brown, remove and set aside.
3. In the same pan, add your peppers, onion and garlic in that order. As each starts to brown, add the next.
4. Raise the heat to medium and add rosemary, white wine, chicken broth, lemon juice and zest. Cook until the wine is at a boil.
5. Lower the heat to a simmer once wine has reduced by half. Add butter and fresh seasonings, and let simmer for approximately 5 minutes, until sauce coats the back of a spoon. Return the sausage and chicken into pan.
6. Cut sausage into bite-size pieces. Serve a nice helping of chicken and sausage pieces on each plate with some of the pan sauce on top and garnish with fresh Italian parsley.
SERVES: 6SERVES: 6