1 16-ounce package Premio Sweet Italian sausage
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
3/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, shredded
3 tablespoons Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
4 16-ounce cans chicken or beef broth
1 6-ounce package orzo pasta, dried
1 8-ounce package spinach, frozen
1 4.5- to 6-ounce can chicken breast, cooked
1/2 cup low-fat sour cream Print
How to make Instant Pot Italian Wedding Soup:
1. Remove casings from Premio Sweet Italian sausage by running a sharp knife along its length. Place the sausage meat in a large mixing bowl. Discard casings.
2. Add olive oil, garlic, breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, 1 egg, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to the sausage. Mix all ingredients with your hands. The mixture should hold together firmly. All ingredients should be equally distributed.
3. Create bite-sized meatballs out of your mixture using a small teaspoon and rolling each meatball by hand. Line the meatballs on a baking sheet in rows. Once you’re finished, place the baking sheet into the freezer. Wait for 10 minutes to allow them to become firm.
4. Add chicken or beef broth, frozen spinach and orzo pasta to a multi-cooker pot. Stir all ingredients. Carefully add the chilled meatballs to the soup base and stir again.
5. Place and seal the lid on your multi-cooker pot. Cook the ingredients for five minutes on high or manual pressure. Make sure the meatballs reach an internal temperature of at least 165°F.
6. Release pressure slowly on the multi-cooker pot and remove the lid. Stir in canned chicken and the remaining Parmesan cheese.
7. Beat the remaining 2 eggs. Slowly add them in a constant stream to your instant pot Italian wedding soup, stirring consistently. Eggs should cook immediately upon making contact with the hot broth.
8. Taste your soup and add seasonings, if needed.
9. Ladle the soup into bowls. Garnish each dish with a generous dollop of sour cream before serving hot.