1 package Premio Mild Italian Sausage
1/4 teaspoon liquid hot pepper
1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup hot water
Two cups of cooked white rice
Optional: 1/8 tsp. coarse-grind black pepper
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Italian Sausage and Red Rice:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). In a large saucepan on medium-high heat, saute Premio Sausage until browned on both sides. Turn heat down to low and simmer for an additional 20 minutes. Pour off any excess fat from sausages and remove sausages from pan; set aside.
2. Add hot water to pan and stir up the browned residue until blended with water. Raise heat to medium-high and add tomato soup, onion and liquid hot pepper (black pepper if desired). Blend these ingredients thoroughly.
3. Slice sausages into bite-sized pieces and return to sauce, stirring for three minutes on higher heat.
4. Place one cup of the rice on the bottom of casserole. Pour sausage and all but 1/2 cup of sauce. Place the remaining rice on top. Pour the last 1/2 cup on top of top layer of rice.
5. Bake at 350 degrees (F) for 30 to 40 minutes. Remove and allow to cool before serving.