Ingredients:4 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
1 cup walnuts, broken into pieces
1 medium onion, diced
4 tablespoons chopped cilantro or flat-leaf parsley
Olive oil, as needed
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Italian Sausage and Sweet Potato Hash:
1. Place diced sweet potatoes in a microwavable-safe bowl with ½ cup water. Cover and cook on high heat until potatoes are tender, about 6 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large skillet, toast walnut pieces over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until toasted and nicely browned, about 5 minutes. Remove to a plate and set aside.
3. Increase heat to medium-high. Into the skillet, add one tsp. of oil. Add Premio Sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 8-10 minutes. Remove sausage to a paper towel-lined plate.
4. Add onions to the skillet (if there’s not enough fat in the pan from the sausage, add 1 tablespoon olive oil). Sauté until soft and translucent, about 8 minutes
5. Add sweet potatoes, walnuts and sausage to the onions. Stir until combined and sweet potatoes are beginning to brown, about 5-8 minutes (you may want to add 1-2 more tablespoons olive oil to help the ingredients combine and finish cooking). Top with chopped cilantro or parsley and serve!
SERVES: 3-5SERVES: 3-5