1 pound Premio Sweet Italian Sausage or Premio Hot Italian Sausage
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 sweet onion, chopped
1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
1 tablespoon Jalapeno pepper jelly
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 package egg noodles, cooked
1 cup fresh mozzarella, cubed
30 grape tomatoes, halved
1 tablespoon chicken broth or white wine
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Jo Jo's Premio Summertime Pasta:
1. Place Premio Sausage into a pan and cook according to package instructions.Remove and place on a cutting board.
2. Drain the sausage fat from the pan and add 1 tablespoon olive oil to de-glaze the pan. Add onions and cook over medium heat, sauteing until they are tender.
3. Lower heat and add minced garlic. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
4. Cut sausages into 1/2-inch coins and add them to onion mixture in pan. Add in the remaining olive oil, chicken broth and pepper jelly.
5. Saute everything over low heat for 3 minutes or until all ingredients are blended well. Stir in egg noodles and turn off heat. Add tomatoes, basil and mozzarella to pan and toss to combine.
SERVES: 4-6SERVES: 4-6