6 Premio Mild Italian Sausage, sliced in half
Hero bread, fresh and crispy
6 slices provolone cheese
1 small green pepper, 1/2-inch diced
1 medium red pepper, 1/2-inch diced
1 medium onion, 1/2-inch diced
1 small Idaho potato, 1/4-inch diced
1/2 cup chopped frozen spinach
1 mild jalapeño, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh parsley
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons garlic powder
Fresh cracked pepper
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Loaded Sausage & Peppers Hash Hero:
1. In a pan, heat vegetable oil and add in diced potatoes; cook until golden and crispy. Remove cooked potatoes and retain half of the vegetable oil in the pan; add in olive oil.
2. Add the green peppers, red peppers, onion, jalapeño and frozen spinach; cook until vegetables are soft. Add back the potato, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste; cook for an additional 2 minutes over medium heat. Remove from heat and mix in fresh parsley.
3. Lubricate your grill with oil; heat grill to 400 degrees (F). Place sliced Premio Sausage on grill and brown on both sides until cooked through, flipping often (sliced sausage will grill very quickly).
4. Slice your bread in half; place 3 slices of provolone cheese on each hero. Place sliced sausage on top of provolone cheese. Spoon the pepper hash on top of sausage and enjoy.