1 (16 ounce) package Premio Sausage (choose your favorite)
2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained
1 cup onion, chopped
1 cup bell pepper, chopped
1 cup tomato, chopped
1 cup carrot, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1 teaspoon seasoning salt
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon oregano
1/2 cup parsley
2 cups tomato juice
2 cups chicken stock
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Louisiana Red Beans & Sausage:
1. Brown bacon in a large dutch oven. Remove bacon to drain.
2. Remove casing from Premio Cajun Sausage. Form into meatballs and brown on all sides in bacon drippings. Remove meatballs and add onion, bell pepper, tomato, carrot, and garlic; cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.
3. Whisk in the flour; cook for one minute. Stir in the drained beans, seasoning salt, cayenne pepper, oregano, parsley, tomato juice & chicken stock to pot.
4. Bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes or until thickened. Add the meatballs and bacon back to the pot. Heat for one minute, then remove from heat.
SERVES: 8SERVES: 8