Fried Corn Tortilla Chips: 1 stack stale corn tortilla chips
1 pound Premio , removed from casing and crumbled
Fried corn tortilla chips
1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
2 cups cooked pinto beans
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups pepper jack cheese, grated
1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1 small white onion, diced
5 large jalapenos, stemmed, seeded & sliced
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
Chopped, fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Macho Nachos with Premio Chorizo:
Fried Corn Tortilla Chips:
1. Cut each of the tortilla into 6 wedges. Heat a pot of oil to 350 degrees (F).
2. Fry the tortillas, in batches, until golden and crisp. Transfer to a cooling rack on a rimmed sheet tray to cool; season lightly with salt.
1. In a large skillet, cook the Premio Sausage, garlic and cumin, stirring over medium heat until the sausage is browned and the fat is rendered, about 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain over paper towels.
2. Add the pinto beans, chili powder, salt and 1 cup water (maybe more, depending on the moisture in the beans) to the skillet. Cook over medium heat until warmed through, smashing with the back of a heavy wooden spoon or potato masher until chunky/smooth. Remove from heat.
3. Preheat oven to 450 degrees (F). On 1-2 large sheet trays, spread enough tortilla chips into 1 even layer. Top with a layer of beans, then sausage, cheeses, onions and sliced jalapenos.
4. Place into preheated oven and bake until the cheeses are melted and the mixture is hot, about 5-8 minutes. Remove from the oven.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream and lime juice with a pinch of salt. Drizzle over nachos, garnish with cilantro and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of the Institute of Culinary Education.
SERVES: 4-8SERVES: 4-8