1 package Premio Sweet Italian Sausage
1 large-size spaghetti squash
1 (16 ounce) jar of Ragu Light Parmesan Alfredo Sauce
1 small onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup baby spinach
Salt & pepper, to taste
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Make-Do Alfredo:
1. Cut the spaghetti squash in half and remove all the seeds and membrane. Place on a cookie sheet and apply cooking spray on top of the squash with a pinch of salt. Roast until tender in a 350 degree (F) oven, about 25 minutes.
2. While the squash is roasting, in a pan, cook the Premio Sausage. Remove, let cool and rest.
3. In the same pan that the sausage just got done cooking in, sauté the diced onion and minced garlic until translucent. Once this happens, place the baby spinach in the pan and sauté for about 5 minutes, or until the spinach has wilted.
4. Once the squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to scrape out the inside of the squash (into a large pot) away from its skin. Slice the sausage into bite-size pieces and place into the pot. Also place the onion, garlic and spinach into the same pot.
5. On a low flame, pour the Alfredo sauce into the pot and stir everything together. Add salt and pepper to taste before serving.
SERVES: 3-5SERVES: 3-5