Ingredients:2 whole pieces of salmon or 4 salmon halves
1 mango, peeled, diced and seed removed
4 slices canned pineapple, diced
2 tablespoons mango nectar
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Mango and Premio Chicken Sausage Glazed Salmon:
1. Begin by adding the sausage to a large skillet with 2 tablespoons mango nectar and cooking over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally and breaking up the sausage into bite-sized pieces. Once browned, set sausage aside and drain remaining mango nectar into a small bowl.
2. In another small bowl, combine diced pineapple, diced mango and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt. Stir the fruit and ingredients until well-combined. Add cooked sausage, toss and set aside.
3. Add 1 teaspoon of minced ginger to the small bowl with the mango nectar. Brush the glaze over the halves of salmon.
4. In a large skillet over high heat, place the salmon skin-side down and cook, continuing to add glaze and baste every couple minutes. After four minutes, turn salmon over and cook for another 4-5 minutes. Turn again, continuing to add glaze. Once the salmon becomes flaky, it is finished.
5. Place cooked salmon on serving plates and drizzle with some of the remaining glaze, then scoop your fresh fruit and sausage salsa on top. Enjoy this sweet, spicy, satisfying meal!