1 package Premio Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
3 large garlic cloves, chopped
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
2 teaspoons granulated garlic powder
2 teaspoons dried basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
3 plum tomatoes, roughly chopped and seeds removed
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/2 cup fresh red bell pepper, chopped
1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced black olives
1/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
1 bag Party ‘tizers Super Grains Dippin’ Chips
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Mediterranean Madness Sausage Dip:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees (F). In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
2. Slice each Premio Chicken Sausage lengthwise, down the side, and remove the casing. Chop into small pieces and add to skillet, along with chopped onions and garlic. Sauté over medium heat until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
3. In a medium size bowl, mix cream cheese, sour cream, ricotta cheese, garlic, 1 teapoon of dried basil, salt and pepper. Add sausage mixture, tomatoes and mozzarella; mix well.
4. Pour mixture into a 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with feta cheese, red bell pepper and black olives.
5. Place into preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes. Remove, garnish with fresh parsley and serve with Super Grains Dippin’ Chips. Delish!
SERVES: 6-8SERVES: 6-8