1 pound Premio Sweet Italian Sausage, casings removed
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
1/4 cup prepared herb tomato sauce
1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
1/2 sweet red bell pepper, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup toasted pine nuts or almonds
2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
1 bag Party ‘tizers Super Grains Dippin’ Chips
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Nuts Over Sausage & Peppers Dip:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown Premio Sausage, breaking up into crumbles with a wooden spoon. Remove from heat.
2. Add cream cheese, mascarpone and tomato sauce; stir until well mixed. Add onions, peppers, Italian seasoning and sour cream; blend well.
3. Pour mixture into a glass pie plate or shallow baking dish. Place into preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until heated through. Remove from oven; top evenly with pine nuts and parsley. Serve hot with Super Grains Dippin’ Chips.