1 16-ounce package Premio Sweet Italian sausage
1 white onion, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 16-ounce cans chicken or beef broth (any brand)
2 15-ounce cans tomatoes, diced (any brand)
1 6-ounce can tomato paste (any brand)
2 teaspoons oregano, dried
1 teaspoon parsley, dried
1 teaspoon rosemary, dried
2 teaspoons basil, dried
1/2 teaspoon salt (plus more to taste, if desired)
1 teaspoon pepper (plus more to taste, if desired)
10 lasagna noodles, uncooked and broken into roughly one-inch pieces
1/2 cup fresh parmesan cheese, shredded
1 cup fresh part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese, if desired Print
How to make One-Pot Lasagna Soup:
1. Remove casings from Premio Sweet Italian sausage. Discard casings. Place the sausage meat on a plate.
2. Add the olive oil to a large pot. Heat for one minute on a low-medium setting.
3. Add your onion and garlic, and cook for two minutes, stirring continually.
4. Add the sausage meat to your pot and cook for seven minutes, or until sausage is brown. Break up the meat while cooking using a wooden spoon or plastic spatula.
5. Drain any excess grease using a ladle or baster, if necessary.
6. Add the chicken or beef stock to the pot. Stir to mix the broth with the cooked sausage.
7. Add canned tomatoes (including liquid) and tomato paste. Thoroughly stir the ingredients.
8. Add the remaining spices into the pot and mix again. If desired, taste to ensure a proper balance of seasonings. Add additional spices if needed.
9. Bring your soup mixture to a boil by increasing the stove to medium-high heat. By hand, add broken lasagna noodles.
10. Cook your one-pot lasagna soup over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes to soften the lasagna noodles.
11. Stir shredded Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses into your lasagna soup recipe.
12. Before serving, make sure the sausage has reached a minimum temperature of 165°F. Then carefully ladle the hot one-pot lasagna soup into bowls. Garnish with a dollop of ricotta cheese, if desired, and enjoy!