1 pound Premio Sweet Italian Sausage, casings removed
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced
2/3 cup dry white wine
1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced peeled tomatoes with juices
1 cup whipping cream
6 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
1 pound penne pasta
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Penne Ala Ron:
1. Melt butter with oil in heavy, large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, and sauté until golden brown and tender, about 7 minutes.
2. Add Premio Sausage and sauté until golden brown and cooked through, breaking up with back of spoon, about 7 minutes. Drain any excess drippings from skillet.
3. Add wine to skillet and boil until almost all liquid evaporates, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes with juices and simmer for 3 minutes. Add cream and simmer until sauce thickens slightly, about 5 minutes. Stir in 4 tablespoons parsley; season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat (Note: sauce can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate).
4. Cook pasta in large pot of boiling, salted water until tender but still firm to bite. Drain pasta; transfer to large bowl.
5. Bring sauce to simmer. Pour sauce over pasta. Add 3/4 cup cheese and toss to coat. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese and 2 tablespoons parsley.
SERVES: 6SERVES: 6