1 package Premio Italian Sausage with Tomato, Garlic & Rosemary
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons vodka
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Penne with Spicy Vodka Tomato Cream Sauce:
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Remove casing from Premio Sausage and add to skillet. Cook, breaking up the meat, until browned.
3. Add garlic and red pepper, and cook, stirring until garlic is golden brown.
4. Add tomatoes and salt; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Add vodka and cream; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and add pasta; toss for 1 minute. Stir in fresh parsley and serve!
SERVES: 4SERVES: 4