6-10 Premio Sweet Italian Sausage links, pan roasted & cooked thoroughly
1 small red bell pepper (cut into 1/4″ strips)
1 small green bell pepper (cut into 1/4″ strips)
1 med ium yellow onion (cut into 1/4″ strips)
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 package spaghetti
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Pepper Sausage Shredded Pasta:
1. In large pot of boiling salted water, add pasta broken into thirds. Cook as directed on package instructions. Drain and set to the side.
2. In a sauce pan, add olive oil. Add onions and garlic; saute until soft. Add peppers until bright green (but not soft).
3. Slice cooled Premio Sausage in half, then into 1/4″ strips. Stir frequently to marry flavors.
4. As soon as the onions are soft and clear, and peppers are just about soft, add cooked pasta; mix well. Sprinkle with kosher salt, mix again and serve.
SERVES: 4-8SERVES: 4-8