1 package Premio Sweet Italian Sausage, removed from casing
3 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. butter
2 ripe avocados
5 cloves minced garlic
Sun-dried tomatoes, drained, dried and chopped
Fresh mozzarella cheese
Fresh, chopped rosemary
Fresh, chopped basil
Fresh, chopped parsley
Crushed red pepper flakes to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio Avocado Sausage Garlic Bread:
If you’ve tried avocado toast and loved it, get ready to taste a whole new level of healthy and delicious. This loaded avocado sausage garlic bread is packed with flavor and fresh ingredients for a snack you won’t soon forget.
1. Begin by preparing your balsamic glaze. Add your desired amount of balsamic vinegar to a small saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil, then turn stove to low and simmer to thicken the glaze. When it has reached the consistency you desire, set aside and let cool.
2. Next, saute your sausage with 1 tbsp. olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, breaking into small pieces and occasionally stirring until browned and thoroughly cooked.
3. Preheat your oven to 350°F, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and prepare your bread by slicing in half lengthwise. Place one half of the loaf cut-side up on the lined baking sheet.
4. Combine olive oil, garlic and butter in a bowl and microwave for 20-second periods until the mixture has melted, stirring between each microwaving. Brush the mixture over your Italian bread and bake for 10 minutes until crisp.
5. In a medium bowl, mash your avocado with a fork, spread over the garlic bread and season with salt, pepper and red pepper. Top with your crumbled sausage meat, pine nuts, mozzarella cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, parsley, rosemary and basil in the arrangement you desire. Drizzle with your balsamic glaze and dig in.
Love the sweet touch our Italian sausage adds to your avocado garlic bread?
Try all our delicious sausage varieties by searching for Premio products in a store near you today.