1 package Premio Chorizo Sausage
1 large yellow onion, diced
1 teaspoon kosher salt
3 large garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained well
3 tablespoons adobo sauce
2 canned chipotles in adobo, chopped
3/4 cup water
3 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
3/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 bag Party ‘tizers Super Grains Dippin’ Chips Print
How to make Premio Chorizo, Black Bean and Chipotle Dip:
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees (F). Spray a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray and heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet.
2. Remove Premio Sausage from casings and cook over medium heat until sausages are cooked through and crumbled, about 15-20 minutes. Remove from pan to paper towel; set aside.
3. Wipe out skillet and add remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Add onion and salt; sauté until onion is translucent. Add garlic and chili powder; cook for about 1 additional minute.
4. Add half of black beans, chipotles with adobo sauce and 3/4 cup water. Heat for 3 minutes or until heated through. Transfer bean mixture to food processor, add vinegar and process until smooth.
5. In a large bowl, combine the puree mixture, cooked sausage, rest of beans, tomatoes, corn, 3/4 cup cheddar, 3/4 cup Monterey Jack and ½ cup cilantro. Pour into baking dish, sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until cheese melts and browns. Remove from oven, sprinkle with remaining cilantro and serve with Super Grains Dippin’ Chips.
SERVES: 5-7SERVES: 5-7