1 package Premio Sweet Italian Sausage
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 red bell pepper
2 tablespoons oregano
2 tablespoons thyme
2 tablespoons basil
1 tablespoon marjoram
1/2 tablespoon rosemary
1/2 tablespoon sage
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio Classic Italian Sausage & Chicken Skewers:
1. Soak the skewers in water for at least 20 minutes.
2. Preheat grill.
3. Combine the oregano, thyme, basil, marjoram, rosemary, sage, garlic powder, salt and black pepper in a gallon-sized freezer baggie. Close the bag and shake it to evenly combine the spices. Set it aside.
4. Trim the fat from the chicken and cut it into two-inch pieces. Put the chicken into the plastic baggie and shake it to evenly coat all of the pieces in the seasoning. Set the chicken aside.
5. De-rib and remove the seeds of the bell pepper. Cut it into chunks.
6. Slice the sausage into 1/2-inch pieces.
7. Thread your skewers with sausage, chicken and bell pepper.
8. Grill the skewers for about three minutes on each side, or until the chicken and sausage are fully cooked, and the bell peppers are tender.
9. When the skewers are done, let them rest for a few minutes. Serve.
Nothing says summer quite like grilling something delicious to share with friends and family. When you make these skewers with Premio sausage, you’ll get the most out of your meal. To find your nearest retailer that carries Premio, use our store locator today!