1/2 pound Premio Hot Italian Sausage
16 ounces elbow macaroni
2 cups milk
1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
1/2 cup Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
2 large eggs
1 cup cooked spinach, chopped
2 (10 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes with garlic and basil
1 teaspoon dry basil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dry oregano
2 cups seasoned panko bread crumbs
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio Comfort Mac and Sausage Bake:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F). Prepare a 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick spray. Set aside.
2. Precook elbow macaroni for about 6 minutes in boiling water. Drain and cool (should be firm and will continue cooking in oven).
3. Grill Premio Sausage. Remove and slice into 1-inch pieces. Add to elbow macaroni.
4. In a large bowl, mix milk, eggs and cheese together with herbs (keep 1/4 cup Percorino Romano for the top of the mac bake). Add stewed tomatoes and spinach to the elbows; stir well.
5. Pour elbow mixture into prepared ban. Pour milk and cheese mixture over top the elbows. Top with panko and 1/4 cup reserved Pecorino Romano cheese.
6. Place into preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes. Once done, remove from oven and allow to cool; serve warm.
SERVES: 5-6SERVES: 5-6