1 pound Premio Hot & Spicy Italian Chicken Sausage, casings removed and sausages coarsely crumbled 1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup white wine
2 dozen clams, scrubbed
2 pounds mussels, scrubbed
2 tablespoons chopped dill
1 lemon, sliced into wedges
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio Easy Sausage, Mussels and Clams:
1. In a large, deep skillet over high heat, heat the oil. Add Premio Sausage to the pan and cook, crumbling coarsely as cooking. Saute until sausage is brown, about 10 minutes.
2. Add in garlic and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Add wine, clams and mussels; cover and cook until all clams and mussels are open, about 5-8 minutes. Season to taste with pepper. Sprinkle in chopped dill.
3. Divide among 4 bowls, discarding any unopened clams. Garnish each with a lemon slice and serve.
SERVES: 2-4SERVES: 2-4