1 package Premio Hot Italian Sausage
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 red pepper, cut into strips
2 jalapeno peppers, deseeded and cut into strips
1 medium onion, cut into strips
1 (15 ounce.) can tomato sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup olive oil
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio Flanked Hot Sausage:
1. Grill Premio Sausage, over medium heat, according to package directions. Once finished, crumble into small pieces.
2. Pound each steak to 1/4-inch thickness. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and black pepper.
3. Place peppers and onions evenly on both steaks. Place sausage on top of onions and peppers.
4. Starting at the narrow end of each steak, roll up in a jelly-roll fashion; set aside.
5. Combine tomato sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar and garlic powder; mix until well blended.
6. Brush all sides of beef steaks with olive oil. Place onto grill and grill steaks for about 30 minutes, with grill cover down, turning often. The last 10 minutes of grilling, brush steaks with tomato mixture. Allow to cool and enjoy.
SERVES: 2-4SERVES: 2-4