1 package Premio Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage
1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons rice wine
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon sriracha
2 teaspoons cornstarch Print
How to make Premio Grilled General Tso’s Cauliflower & Sausage Kabobs:
1. Soak your skewers in water for at least 15 to 20 minutes. Soaking the skewers prevents them from burning on the grill.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees (F).
3. Cover the cauliflower with the eggs, then flour, then egg again, then breadcrumbs. Put the cauliflower on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake the cauliflower until it is golden brown and crispy on the outside — about 25 minutes.
4. Preheat the grill.
5. Cut the sausages into 1/4- to 1/2-inch pieces.
6. Thread the skewers with the pieces of sausage and cauliflower florets. Set them aside.
7. Combine the soy sauce, sugar, rice wine, rice wine vinegar, sriracha and cornstarch in a saucepan. Cook on medium heat until the sauce has thickened.
8. Brush each skewer with the sauce, evenly coating the cauliflower and sausage on all sides.
9. Grill the kabobs over indirect heat, and be sure to turn the kabobs so they cook evenly on all sides. Cook until the sausages are done and slightly browned, about eight minutes total.
10. When you take the kabobs off of the grill, let them sit for about two minutes. Serve.