1 (14 ounce) package Premio Hot & Spicy Italian Chicken Sausage
1 pound quinoa
1 sweet onion, finely diced
1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
1/2 cup mint leaves, chopped
1 orange, segments divided and cut into bite sized pieces
Zest of one orange
6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
Salt to taste
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio Hearty Sausage Salad:
1. Rinse the quinoa under cold running water until the water runs clear. Place grains in a large pot and add one-quart water. Bring to a boil then lower heat to a simmer and cover. Cook for 20 minutes until the grains are translucent and water is absorbed.
2. In a skillet or on the grill, cook Premio Chicken Sausage according to package directions. Cool enough to handle and slice into 1/2-inch coins.
3. In a large bowl, combine the warm quinoa with the onion, parsley, mint, oranges, orange zest, olive oil and lemon juice. Add in sausage coins and toss to mix. Add salt if needed; serve!
SERVES: 4-6SERVES: 4-6