1 package Premio Mild Italian Sausage, cut into 1-inch slices
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 green bell pepper (1/2 inch slices)
1 red bell pepper (1/2 inch slices)
1 yellow bell pepper (1/2 inch slices)
1 yellow onion (1/2 inch slices)
8 Roma tomatoes, peeled and small dice
4-5 Idaho potatoes, peeled and large dice
8 ounces portabella mushrooms, cleaned and large dice
1 cup tomato juice
1 cup water
2 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 tablespoon dry oregano
1 tablespoon dry basil
1 teaspoon dry thyme
1 tablespoon salt
1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio Italian Stew:
1. Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add olive oil and Premio Sausage; brown sausage well. Add garlic to pot and heat for 30 seconds.
2. Add all remaining ingredients except the sugar. Let simmer until potatoes are tender, about 1 hour (add water as needed), making sure to stir every 15 minutes. Add sugar and seasonings.
3. Serve with grated parmesan cheese on top.
SERVES: 4-6SERVES: 4-6