3/4 pound Premio Mild Italian Sausage, casings removed
3 slices white bread, cubed
3 tablespoons butter
2 cups milk
5 ounces bacon, chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 cups mild cheddar cheese, shredded
4 eggs, beaten
2 teaspoons dried parsley or 2 tablespoons chopped, fresh parsley
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio Mild Sausage and Bacon Breakfast Pie:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, bring bread, butter and milk to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes; let cool.
2. In a large nonstick skillet, cook bacon and Premio Sausage until bacon is crisp and sausage is browned and broken up. Remove from skillet and keep aside.
3. Pour out remaining fat. Add onion to same skillet and sauté until soft.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine the bread mixture, bacon, sausage, onion, cheese, salt, pepper, eggs and parsley. Pour mixture into a greased 9-inch pie dish and bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove and let cool slightly before serving and enjoying.
SERVES: 6SERVES: 6