14 ounces Premio Italian Chicken Sausage with Pesto, removed from casing
1 pound dry green lentils, soaked in hot water for at least 15 minutes and drained.
2 large leeks, white part only, washed well and cut into 1-inch pieces
2 large russet potatoes, washed, peeled and cut in rough, large dice
8 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 bunches Kale, washed, center rib removed and roughly chopped
1 cup crushed tomato
3-4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1/4 – 1/2 cup Sriracha, to taste
Olive oil, salt & pepper
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio Pesto Chicken Sausage Lentil:
1. In a heavy soup pot, brown Premio Sausage over high heat, breaking up into large pieces. Remove and reserve.
2. Add leeks and garlic; cook slowly until wilted. Add crushed tomato and 2 cups broth. Add drained lentils, simmer, covered, for 45 minutes, or until tender.
3. After 45 minutes, add potatoes. Add more stock if needed.
4. Saute kale with chopped garlic (do not overcook). Season and reserve.
5. Once lentils are cooked, add sausage and juices. Season soup with salt and Sriracha to taste. Serve with sautéed kale on the bottom of each bowl. Ladle soup over kale and serve.
SERVES: 8-10SERVES: 8-10