1 package Premio Private: Italian Sausage with Pepper, Onion & Mushroom 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 package pizza dough
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
4 large heirloom tomatoes, coarsely chopped
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2/3 cup gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
4 tablespoons basil, coarsely chopped
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio Pizza with Heirloom Tomatoes, Basil and Gorgonzola:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees (F). Sprinkle cooking surface with flour and roll pizza dough to desired thickness and size.
2. Pour the olive oil into a medium saucepan and add the tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cook on medium-high heat for about five minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
3. Place pizza crust on a vented pizza pan or large baking sheet. Spread the tomatoes evenly on pizza dough.
4. Tear the Premio Sausage into small bits and sprinkle onto the pizza, distributing evenly. Sprinkle crumbled gorgonzola cheese evenly onto pizza.
5. Place into preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove pizza from pan, place directly on oven rack and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with basil, allow to cool slightly, slice and serve.