4 Premio Mild Italian Sausage links, casings removed
1 onion, chopped
8 ounces mushrooms, diced medium
1-3 cloves of garlic, minced
3 sprigs of fresh thyme
Splash of wine (red, dry white or sherry)
2 quarts chicken stock
1 can cannelini beans, drained and rinsed
1 pound kale, stems removed and finely chopped (washed thoroughly several times)
Extra virgin olive oIl
Salt and pepper
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio Sausage Ball Soup:
1. Heat a stock pot to medium heat. Add a little extra virgin olive oil
2. Once oil is heated, add Premio Sausage to pot by holding one end and squeezing the casing until the sausage comes out of the other end (the balls pretty much form on their own. Each casing holds 4 or 5 1/2-inch balls). Lightly brown sausage balls in oil for about 5 minutes.
3. Add chopped onion and mushrooms to pot, stirring frequently, until softened, about 3 – 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 additional minute. Season pot with salt and pepper. Add thyme and wine, deglazing bottom of pot.
4. Add chicken stock and increase heat to a low boil. Add beans and prepared kale to pot. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until kale is tender. Remove thyme sprigs before serving.
SERVES: 6SERVES: 6