1 pound Premio Sweet Italian Sausage, removed from casings
5 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio Sausage Carbonara:
1. In a large pot, boil water. Add pasta and cook until al dente, according to instructions on package.
2. Remove casings from Premio Sausage and crumble. In a large frying pan, brown sausage.
3. Drain pasta and reserve 1 tablespoon of pasta water. Drain sausage and reserve 1/2 tablespoon of the drippings.
4. Add cooked sausage to cooked pasta; mix well. Add reserved pasta water and drippings from sausage.
5. Add eggs and cheese; stir constantly. Cook over low heat until eggs are just cooked. Remove and serve immediately.
SERVES: 4-6SERVES: 4-6