1 package Premio Sweet Italian Sausage
1/4 cup salsa (plus more based on your preferences for topping)
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (plus more based on your preferences for topping)
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
4 hamburger buns
1 avocado, cut into thin slices Print
How to make Premio Sausage & Cheesy Salsa Burger:
1. Preheat your grill.
2. Remove the sausages from their casings.
3. In a bowl, combine the sausage meat, pepper jack cheese, salsa, cilantro, cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, salt and black pepper. Use your hands to evenly mix the spices with the meat.
4. Shape the meat into 4 evenly sized patties.
5. Grill the burgers for 4 to 5 minutes on each side. With about a minute left of cooking, add a slice of cheese, and allow it to melt.
6. When the burgers are done, add them to the buns, and top them with more salsa and cilantro and some avocado.
7. Serve hot and fresh for the best taste.