1/2 package Premio Sweet Italian Sausage
2 tablespoons butter
5 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons flour
2 cups whole milk
2 ounces cream cheese
2 cups cheddar cheese, divided
3 green onions, chopped
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio Sausage-Loaded Cauliflower:
1. Preheat your grill. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (F).
2. When the grill is heated up, cook the sausages over indirect heat with the lid closed for 15 to 20 minutes, or just until cooked. When the sausage is finished, remove it from the grill and cut it into 1/2-inch pieces. Set it aside.
3. Boil a large pot of water. While the water is heating up, cut the heads of cauliflower into small florets. Add the cauliflower to the boiling water for two minutes, then remove promptly. Drain the water and squeeze out any excess water from the florets. Set the cauliflower aside.
4. Add the butter to a skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Melt the butter, then add the garlic. Cook the garlic until it becomes browned and fragrant. Add the flour and stir, cooking for two minutes. Add the milk and let it come to a simmer, whisking continuously.
5. Add one cup of the cheddar and season the sauce with salt and black pepper. Whisk the sauce until the cheese melts.
6. Coat a casserole dish with cooking spray, add the cauliflower and sausage and pour the sauce over the top. Stir the cauliflower until all the florets and pieces of sausage are evenly covered in the cheese sauce. Stir in the green onions, then cover the mixture with the remaining cheese.
7. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender, and the cheese sauce is bubbly.
8. Remove from the oven and let it sit for five minutes. Serve.